Advice required. How the hell do you get rid of squirrels in your loft? I thought I'd got rid of the little buggers once, but they're back with a vengeance! It sounds like there's a whole family of them up there. The noise they make in the morning at first light has to be heard to be believed. I'd blocked off one hole, but they have simply knawed another entrance. I was nearly electrocuted yesterday when I opened my loft trap door to see what damage had been done. They have chewed almost completely through the live wire on my lighting electrical loom. There was exposed copper showing 1 inch from my hand as I pulled myself into the loft. I don't understand how the squirrel survived biting into it. Try putting a battery terminal on your tongue and see how that tingles, never mind the mains.